Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Knowledge shall Increase....


Daniel 12:4

"But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased."

I recently read a post on one of my favorite blogs from Shirley Buxton discussing the mixing of human and animal dna to create a new being. This isn't fiction. It is being done.

http://writenow.wordpress.com/2008/04/02/we-have-created-human-animal-embryos/

I don't want to get into the morality of this. Not only will we not change anyones opinion, but we certainly aren't going to change what it being done around the world. The subject of this is whether or not this points to the end times as mentioned in Daniel 12:4.

I'm sure through out the ages every time a technological or mechanical break through was made there was some preacher standing there to point out that this is an indication of the "end times". I don't want to be another Edgar C. Whisenant, (if you don't know who this is, do a quick google search) but I think the over all picture of the last 100 or so years warrants some discussion.

Here is a quick list off the top of my head:

motorized vehicles
electricity
antibiotics
mri imaging
xrays
space travel
plastics
rubber
vaccums
steel
harnessing steam power
air travel
nuclear fission
and my new favorite the toaster oven

This is just a quick list I could obviously go on and that doesn't even include the digital age. As we begin to look at how computers have changed the landscape the knowledge curve only appears to rise at a more dramatic rate.

Through the years sure there have been advancements, but has there been anything on par with the last 100 years. It would seem to me that either foot or horse travel was pretty much the standard with no other options until recently. And the same goes in the medical realm. Most of the major advances have seemed to happen in the last hundred or so years.

Am I claiming a time and date for the coming of the Lord. No. While I can't imagine knowledge growing any faster or farther. It certainly can. Knowledge could continue to grow for hundreds of years... but maybe not.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for the link and the kind words, Jay.

Please fill in your About Page. :)
I want to know more.

I'm adding you to my blogroll.

Shirley Buxton
www.shirleybuxton.wordpress.com